Selected Working Papers
- "Market Power in Coal Shipping and Implications for U.S. Climate Policy." [online appendix]
[Energy Institute at Haas Working Paper]
Press: EI@Haas blog, Axios
- "Panel Data and Experimental Design." [online appendix]
(with Fiona Burlig and Matt Woerman; under revision)
Stata package: enter - ssc describe pcpanel - into Stata console
- "Out of the Darkness and Into the Light? Development Effects of Rural Electrification." [online appendix]
(with Fiona Burlig; revise and resubmit at Journal of Political Economy)
Policy brief: ARE Update
Press: IEEE Spectrum
- "Optimal Siting, Sizing, and Enforcement of Marine Protected Areas in Lower Income Countries"
(with Jo Albers, Elizabeth Robinson, and Róger Madrigal) [draft available upon request]
- "Environmental and Technology Policy Options in the Electricity Sector: Are We Deploying Too Many?"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 4(4): 959–984. 2017.
(with Carolyn Fischer and Richard Newell) [working paper version]
- "Combining Policies for Renewable Energy: Is the Whole Less Than the Sum of Its Parts?"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics 4(1): 51–92. 2010.
(with Carolyn Fischer)
Selected Works in Progress
- "Costs of Misallocation in Indian Electricity Supply" (with Fiona Burlig and Akshaya Jha)
- "Energy Efficiency in Agriculture: Electricity Use, Water Demand, and Farm Profits" (with Fiona Burlig and Matt Woerman)